Everything You Need to Know Before Your First Hot Yoga Class || Tips from a Yoga Instructor
Good morning lovely people! Today is the first ever video I am making on yoga! And man, I am excited. Yoga is such a huge part of my life. I recently completed my 200 yoga teacher certification, so I am officially a certified yoga instructor. I love being able to share what I know with you guys!
I want to share my love for yoga with you guys so that you can enjoy it’s benefits just as much as I have.
This video is on the topic of hot yoga in particular. Hot yoga is amazing. It is hard, and you sweat a whole lot. That’s what makes it so wonderful! It is such an incredible form of exercise. It helps your body and your mind. Geez!
Okay so here’s the thing. I want you guys to go into your first hot yoga class completely ready for what you’re about to experience. I wasn’t prepared the first time I went to hot yoga and let me just tell you, it wasn’t fun. I told myself I was never going to be good at yoga and I quit yoga for years! I don’t want that to happen to you. So, I put together a few of my tips for how to prepare and be ready for your first hot yoga class.
How to have a successful first hot yoga class (my do’s and don’ts):
1) Don’t start with hot yoga. Go to a beginners yoga class that is either unheated or lightly heated. Go at a time that isn’t busy, so that you can get a lot of one on one time with the instructor and make sure that your alignment is safe and correct. Yoga is incredibly beneficial, but only if you’re doing the postures correctly. Otherwise you could injure yourself.
2) HYDRATE. You are going to sweat more than you ever have! It’s amazing and cleansing and you will feel amazing. But, you’ve gotta make sure you have something to sweat out! So start hydrating the day before, if you currently don’t drink as much water as you should.
3) Don’t be afraid of adjustments. This goes along with step number one. Your teachers know what they’re doing. They’re there to support you in your practice and make sure you’re doing things correctly. Trust them, they got you :).
4) BRING A TOWEL. OMG. This is so important. You will be slippin and sliding all over your mat if you don’t have a towel, both for your yoga mat, and for yourself. If you’re serious about going to hot yoga every day, I would consider investing in a lululemon mat. These are the only mats that I have ever used in hot yoga that I don’t need a towel with.
5) Don’t be afraid to rest. Hot yoga is hard. It’s supposed to be. So there is nothing wrong with laying on your matt the whole time! You will get better, and it’ll be so awesome to watch your improvement.
Keep me posted on your hot yoga or regular yoga experiences.
Love you all,
For Business Inquiries: elizabethlucile@